I recently ran across a site called WOW Imports, a Company who sells African fair trade bead and wire art as well as other imported items
The fair trade items help disadvantage African artisans, mainly from Zimbabwe and South African townships, to create a better lives for themselves. Some of the other items are made of recycled materials.
So, here are my new finds:
Move over Ms. Piggy! Here is the newest pig in town! Check out this bead wired piggybank for $24.95.
Although Christmas is long gone, who says that you can’t be reminded of Christmas the whole year? Check out this beaded table top 9″ Christmas tree. It is great for those who do not want to cut down trees for the holidays or don’t have room for a tree. Priced at $19.99. See the other Christmas tree designs.
Hand made wire wrapped & beaded serving pieces – salad servers, cake knives are great hostess gifts. Pictured above is a 4 piece handmade stainless steel glass nugget & wire wrapped fork set. Eating cake will never look so good.
Check out the other items on their site. Let me know which of the items are your favorites.
- Green Beads for Global Awareness: Jewelry That Makes a Global Warming difference
- Recycled Content or Live Christmas Tree Alternatives for the Holidays
- How Important is Buying Fair Trade Items?
- Green Christmas: 5 Easy Ways to Be Eco Conscious During the Holidays
- Greener Holidays: Sage Advice to Last You Through Gift Returns