As many of you know, climate talks in Copenhagen are upcoming. Although the Big Boys will be there representing their interests, what about us? Can we be assure that our interests in the environment are taken into account when decisions are made? We need someone there to represent us.
Huffington Post agrees and is sponsoring a contest to send one person to Copenhagen as an ambassador. We are fortunate that one of our green moms, Diane MacEachern, has stepped up to the plate to represent us.
See her video:
Diane is not your ordinarily green mom. She is a noted author of several books and in particular, the Big Green Purse, and popular blogger. In addition, she is not a newbie to the environmental game. She has been advocating for the environment for over 20 years and was recently named one of 70 Glamour Magazine’s Eco Heroes. Not too shabby.
On a personal level what I love about Diane is she is modest beyond beliefs and down to earth. What you see is what you get. She is just like you and me. And she deeply cares about the environment and its effects on our families. I can trust her at Copenhagen.
For more information about Diane, take a look at the following links:
I am giving my endorsement to send Diane to Copenhagen, but Diane needs our help.
To vote for Diane:
1) Please visit this link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/19/hopenhagen-ambassador-con_n_363672.html?slidenumber=QCjRGmul2Ak%3D
2) You will need to login to the Huffington Post web site or register if you are not already a member. You can also login using your Twitter or Facebook account.
3) Please rate Diane’s entry with 10 stars.
As you will see, Diane also needs blogger endorsers. If you feel moved to write a post in support of Diane on your blog, please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org, saying “Here is the link from xxxx blog endorsing Diane MacEachern for the citizen ambassador to Copenhagen”, along with the link to your post.
Love FACEBOOK? If you have a Facebook page or fan page, it would be great if you could mention the contest and provide the link so your friends and fans can vote as well.
Addicted to TWITTER? If you’re on twitter, we’d appreciate it if you tweet about the contest using #votehope and @huffpostgreen.
Voting ends in just one day, on December 4, so Diane needs as much support from you, your friends and your readers right now as possible. Please help us send this deserving green mom to Copenhagen (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/19/hopenhagen-ambassador-con_n_363672.html?slidenumber=QCjRGmul2Ak%3D) by voting now and spreading the word!
- Green Talk Added a Forum
- 360 Cookware Giveaway: Trim Your Waist Line While Greening Your World
- Green News for 09.06.10 Cement Eating C02, Smart Meters, and Green Mom Social Study
- Mind the Store. Retailers, Sell Products Sans +100 Hazardous Chems
- Toxic Chemicals: Say No More. Urge 7/25 Vote for the Safe Chemical Act