I have a confession to make. The part I dislike the most about cooking is cleaning up. Am I right, girlfriend? And no one can make a bigger mess than me. But when stainless steel cookware like 360 Cookware comes along and nothing sticks to it, cooking has become fun again. And get this. No oil needs to be added to the pan!
To add to the fun 360 Cookware offered to give away three 1 quart sauce pan to my Green Talk readers. Aren’t you all lucky dogs? They figured why should I be the only one having so much fun?
Anna, come’on. What is wrong with Teflon?
But before I get into the contest, I just want to explain why I hate Teflon pots. According to the Environmental Working Group,
“In two to five minutes on a conventional stovetop, cookware coated with Teflon and other non-stick surfaces can exceed temperatures at which the coating breaks apart and emits toxic particles and gases linked to hundreds, perhaps thousands, of pet bird deaths and an unknown number of human illnesses each year, according to tests commissioned by Environmental Working Group (EWG).”
No PTFE for me, folks.
But No Oil. Are you Kidding?
Yes. You heard me right. No oil is need to cook delicious food. How do I know? First I watched a live cooking demonstration and interviewed Greg Wayman, the Vice President of Sales about the 360 Cookware. But just in case Greg is a magician and pulled a fast one on me, the Company wanted me to check it out myself.
I admit. I am no Barefoot Contessa or Giada in the kitchen. But I found that that my food really tasted good without the added oil. See the below video as a I cook meat for the cavemen (ie my carnivore men/children of my family) and then onions an peppers in order to make Tofu Tacos.
Still not convinced? Check out the Company’s demonstration video.
How Does this Work?
The secret behind this cookware is vapor technology. The Company states
“Vapor Technology allows you to cook utilizing a low to medium heat because the design and metal are so efficient that your food permeates evenly from all sides, allowing food to cook in its own natural juices without the excess water or grease other skillets and saucepans require.”
Think a pot and semi-pressure cooker in one. Similar to a pressure cooker, it seals in the juices of the food. However, it doesn’t cook the food as quickly as a pressure cooker.
Why Do I Love this Pot?
- Stainless steel. No secret black coating that I am not sure if it is safe or not
- Easy to clean. Nothing sticks. My regular stainless steel pans are not easy to clean.
- No oil, mom! Why do I have to add extra oil to my food to cook with it?
- Food is delicious.
- Even cooking. No more burning your food in different areas of your pans.
- Can put the pan in the stove up to 400 F.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Cooking on lower heat saves you energy costs.
The Contest and Rules
Do I have you sold? I thought I did. So, here are the rules if you want to win a 360 Cookware 1 quart sauce pan:
- You must be over 18 and live in the US.
- You must like 360 Cookware’s Facebook fan page. Leave a comment that you liked 360’s Facebook fan page, otherwise you can’t win the contest.
- Leave me a comment here telling me what your favorite dish to make on the stove? Include a link if you have written about the recipe.
- To double your chances consider joining my free Newsletter email list or subscribe to my RSS feed. Both subscriptions are listed on the upper right hand column. Be sure to come back and leave a separate additional comment to tell me which one you joined. If you are already a member, just say so.
- To triple your chances of winning, tweet about this contest and come back and leave a separate additional comment of the url (weblink) of your twitter comment.
- To “fourple” your chances, consider joining Green Talk’s Facebook Fan Page! Again, leave a comment that you joined with your Facebook name. If you are already of member, just say so.
****Remember to like 360 Cookware’s Facebook Fan Page to be in consideration for winning. Don’t forget to leave that you liked their page in the comments.******
You must enter by Tuesday , July 12, 2011 6 PM EST time to win. Winners will be chosen at random on July 14, 2011 . Good Luck everyone!
Disclaimer: I was given a skillet by 360 Cookware to tests. Thereafter, I decided to become an affiliate of theirs since I love their cookware.