I love crafty ideas and making your own candy wrapper napkin rings is one sweet idea. TerraCycle explains how to make these unique napkin holders.
Anna, who is TerraCycle? They definitely have a cool name.
I love the name too. In fact, I gush about TerraCycle so much on the website, you would think I worked for them. Why do I love them? Schools and other organizations are paid by TerraCycle to collect certain trash. Yep. 2 cents per item! Believe me. It adds up. Plus, the items collected are up-cycled into new products.
Now onto the Candy Wrappers
All you need is an Elmer glue stick, ruler, scissors, pencil, and candy wrappers that everyone swears they didn’t eat the candy. (You know what I am talking about. Don’t play shy with me. Been there. Done that.) Once you have your supplies, check out the candy wrapper to napkin ring video below. Like the old fashion written instructions? TerraCycle has you covered with their handy upload napkin ring PDF.
If you make a napkin ring, please post it to Green Talk’s Facebook fan page for everyone to see. Let me live vicariously through your craftiness. I can’t draw a straight line even with a ruler. *Sign*
And remember to check out Terracycle’s bridgades and sign your school up. My school is collecting Elmer’s glue bottles and sticks, Lays Potato Chips, yogurt cups, Scotch tape dispensers, Capri Sun pouches, energy bars, etc.
Guess who learns about recycling? The kids. And who is going to be our next leaders? The kids. Need I say more about why I love TerraCycle?
- What are your favorite items that you reuse for your craft projects?
- Would you make these rings with your kids, students, etc?
- Do you make something different with candy bar wrappers?
- Who is eatting all of the candy at your house. And don’t tell me the dog. (Just wanted to see if you were reading all my questions.)
- How to Get Rid of Halloween Candy: Buyback, Candy Fairy & Math
- Elmer’s Glue Sticks and Bottle Recycling Program & Giveaway
- TerraCycle turns your Frito-Lay Wrappers into Chic Tote Bags
- TerraCycle and 3M Partner to Recycle Tape Dispensers
- TerraCycle Partners with OfficeMax to Take Recycling to a New Level