I received the following email from the co-founder of Blog Catalog, a social media website alerting me to the fact that countless children do not have clean drinking water. Please read his email and watch the above video.
“Over 4,000 children die each day due to illness from lack of clean drinking water. Our goal at BlogCatalog is to “shake you up” and unite you with other bloggers so that we can solve this problem.
Isn’t it unbelievable that over 1 million children a year die because they don’t have clean water; when a well can be built in a town for a few thousand dollars. WorldAid does this. They have simple solutions to this big problem. Bloggers can help and many already are helping.
If you haven’t joined or blogged about what they do, let’s help them do their jobs. The results are measurable and have a direct impact on whether a child lives or dies.
It’s so simple, and if we unite, and contribute we can help another person who isn’t as fortunate as we are. For far less than an iPhone, a mobile phone, when we come together as bloggers, as the “new media”, we can save 1 million children’s lives each year.
Please make a difference and visit
Blog about this problem, write about it, list your blog on BU so that we can put an end to this craziness. We will have Action Badges up on BloggersUnite for you a little later today.”
How can you help?
- Visit Megree and buy one of The Burden of Thirst photos taken by photo journalist Lynn Johnson.
- Visit WaterAid America and make a donation. For $30 is enough to provide one person with safe water, improved sanitary conditions, and hygiene education.
- Plan a community fundraiser. See here for ideas.
- Get your company involved. See here for how your corporate can participate.
- Share this article with your friends so they too can be aware of how many children go without clean water.
- Blog about it, share it on Facebook, Twitter or any of the many social media site.
Let’s make a difference.
What are your thoughts after watching the above video?