How many of you have to “hold it” until you get home because you can’t find a bathroom or you refuse to use a public bathroom? Personally, I am a “got to go girl.” After 4 kids I am ready for adult underpants. Well, the Sit and Squat Mobile App and website is a dream come true for us frequent bathroom users and parents with small children.
This application is available all over the world through the website but is dependent on users to rate and add public restrooms to the site.
The only bad thing about this app is it is now only available for iPhones, iPads, and Blackberry users. Obviously, andriod users don’t have to go the bathroom. (See But the website said they are working on an app for the Droid. Wouldn’t you know it? I have a Droid!)
Never fear, you can text the word, “sitorsquat” to DOTCOM (328266) and follow the instructions to find the closest public restroom. Whew. That’s a relief.
Before You Say Ewww.
People rate the toliets (sometimes) and list the hours of operation. The maps contain different color toilet icons.
- Green means it is open.
- Red means the bathroom is closed at the time of day you are searching
- Yellow/Orange means the application isn’t sure of the hours of operation.
- Blue means you click a particular toilet. It changes back to one of the above colors.
Should I Squat or Sit?
Disclaimer About Squatting
Social Share Your Toilet Comment
How Can Businesses Team with the Squat Team?
Join the Conversation
- Would you use this application?
- Have you used this application and were the descriptions accurate?
- Would you read most or all of the comments before using a particular bathroom?
- Would you share your thoughts about a bathroom with your friends?
- Which App do you use?