Have you ever stopped to wonder why flowers captivate us so much? I grow numerous flowers from seed for my vegetable garden. Flowers just make me happy. So, I wasn’t surprised to learn that flower essences, which are derived from the vibrational imprint of flowers, help heal emotional blockages They are powerful, yet so healing.
The History of Flower Essences:
In the 1930’s, Dr. Bach created 38 different flower essences based upon the same number of basic negative states of mind. Each remedy aids a specific type of emotion. Many people may know of his famous flower essence, Rescue Remedy. His products are sold throughout the world.
Dr. Bach’s premise was that there is a connection between your emotions and your health. Flower essences help to shift emotional imbalances or blockages so as not to impact your health.
What Are Flower Essences?
Each flower has its own vibration.
FES Flowers explains:
“Flower essences are energetic imprints of the life force of plants which interact with these subtle bodies of the human being, and evoke specific qualities within us. We can say that they work in a similar way to inspirational music or art, which carry meaning through the vehicle of sound or light, while the flower essences work through the medium of water.”
Many companies are making their own flower essences based upon where they live from Australia to Alaska. I even make my own as well.
Flower essences can be taken for a variety of reasons. They can help to release old emotions and patterns and can help you to strive for the next level in your life.
How to Create a Flower Essence:
If you want to make your own flower essences, see what flowers call to you. Some people like to meditate with the plant and ask why they were drawn to that plant or what that plant has to offer them.
Before you make a flower essence be sure to have the following on hand:
- a glass bowl that has been sterilized.
- spring water (I have to use bottled water since I don’t have a spring near me.)
- Amber bottle to store the flower essence such as an one ounce amber dropper bottle
- Add about an inch of water to the glass bowl. If it is really hot out, I might add 2 inches of water to account for evaporation.
- Wait until the dew has dried on the flowers. Snip the flowers that are open. Don’t crowd the flowers. Snip until the whole surface of the water is covered. Try to not touch the flowers with your hands.
- Leave the bowl near the flowers in the sun for several hours. The sun helps the flower to release its imprint into the water. One flower practitioner told me she actually will make her flower essence when it is cloudy. Some make them by the light of the moon. I tend to make them the day of a new moon.
- After several hours, you gently remove the flowers without touching them with your hands. I pour the water through a paper strainer to catch the flowers and any debris that may have landed in the bowl.
- Return the spent flowers to the plant and thank the plant.
- Since it is water, it will only last a few weeks in the refrigerator without growing bacteria. You can add 50% vodka or brandy to the water to preserve the essence. The alcohol will preserve the flower essence. This is your mother bottle. Store the mother bottle in a cool, dark place.
- To make a stock bottle which you will use for treatment, you simply add several drops from the mother bottle to a one ounce bottle. (I use amber bottles and add 5 drops.)
- Then add 50% spring water and 50% alcohol of your choice. (I use 80 proof alcohol.)
How to Use:
- Each time, you take your flower essence, wake it up. Simply tap the bottom of the bottle with the palm of your hand 7 times to wake up the flower essence.
- Take 2 drops in the morning under the tongue and two drops at night before you to go to bed. Remember to always think of what you want the flower essence to heal or help with. Be open to the possibility that the flower essence may help you in different ways then your original intent. This is the primary reason why I don’t like people to choose flower essences based upon their descriptions. Often times, another flower essence might be more effective. Flower essences are quite mysterious and work in ways we can’t truly understand.
- Take the flower essence until you feel that that troublesome emotion has subsided or you get what you wish for. As I mentioned above, something different may occur in your life that you least expected so be open to their magic.
If you don’t see changes in a month, you are not allowing yourself to be open to their vibrations. Many people think that change will occur overnight. Flower essence power is subtle.
I don’t share my bottle with anyone else in the family. If you want to give another person a bottle, then make another one from the mother bottle.
The Power of Flower Essences:
I personally have created over 300 flower essences from various plants, flowers, and trees in my garden.
I love my spring collection of flower essences since they have a common theme of hope and renewal. To give you an example, I find these flower essences help with the following:
Apple: Taking care of ourselves. Self-nurturing and well being. (Pictured above.)
Aster: Illumination and Inspiration to put you on the right path
Borage: Bringing more joy and playfulness into your life
Comfrey: Healing past pain
Daffodil: Listening to the messages to become our true selves.
Dandelion: Abundance, Resiliency and getting rid of old beliefs.
Forsythia: Self Connection and Transformation.
Lavender: Calm and Serenity for Mental Clarity and Balance
Lilac: Remembering the past to access joy. Alternatively, supporting the painful past to move on.
Nasturtiums: Breaking old patterns so that you can soar.
Rose: Receiving love when we need it the most
Violet: Open Your Heart Again
How Do I Know Which One is Right for Me?
Many practitioners have different definitions for different flower essences.
The right flower essence is not only the description but what draws you to the flower. When you scan the list above, does a description jump out of you?
Close your eyes and think of the flower and what you want to change. (If you don’t know the flower, then simply google it.) Does it make you feel any emotion (peaceful, happy, etc.) or tingly or warm inside?
I do believe that if you pick the wrong flower essence, they still work in ways we don’t know. You should see a shift in your reality. Again, it is being open to what is different in your life.
If you are looking for a non-invasive shift in your reality, try flower essences or make your own. It is time you should blossom.
Join the Conversation:
Do you take flower essences?
Note: This statements above has not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.