Today, Ken Cook, President of the Enviromental Working Group presented the petition signed by thirty thousand people requesting that the new Farm Bill include funding for Organic farmers. Listed below is a You Tube video of Cook’s presentation of the petition to Congressman Kind.
The Farm Bill is being debated in the House of Representatives right now and still needs our support. The Kind- Flake Fairness Amendment “includes the most significant increase in government support for organic agriculture in history, far more than is in contained in the bill passed by the House Agriculture Committee,” according to Cook.
EWG is requesting that people contact their representatives to let him or her know of your support for the Kind-Flake Fairness Amendment. Go to this EWG’s link and it will tell you how to call your representative and the key points to convince them to support this important Amendment and not the present Farm Bill being proposed.
I called my representative and basically all I said was I was in support of the Kind-Flake Amendment. His staff took down my name and address. It was that easy. So, go make that phone call! Let’s make history.
- Spread the Word To Help Get Signatures for EWG’s Petition For Federal Funding For Organic Farmers!
- Environmental Working Group Reaches 30,000 Votes for Organic Farmers’ Funding Petition. Seeking More Signatures!
- Sign the Petition to Overhaul the Toxic Sustance Control Act
- Support the National Bottle Bill
- NJ Gov Offices, Stop Spending Money on Plastic Water Bottles