I love Giiv’s message of texting with benefit. Naughty undertones, but really cleverly wrapped into a green gift giving idea. Hmm. Forget about the old way of getting a gift…the old paper card, wrapping paper, and the plastic gift card, not to mention your traveling carbon footprint to obtain the gift. Now with Giiv, all you have to do is simply text them a gift! Pretty Green, huh?
I know. Explain. Explain. I will break it down for you.
- Sign up for a free account on Giiv,
- Go to the gift cards on the site or access the same via Giiv via iPhone app
- Enter your recipient’s mobile number
- Include a note
And instant gift! That simple especially if you are one of those people who forget to buy presents until the last moment.
As of this date, Giiv features about 10 different businesses to choose from such as Barnes and Noble, Global Giving, TOMS Shoes, and Amazon. See here for the list. I suspect as this concept grows lots of companies will be jumping on the bandwagon. Our cell phones have become an extention of our bodies.
So what happens when you get a Giiv code? Redeem it at your local store or online venue. It is that simple.
Readers, what do you think of this concept?
- Plastic Gift Card Recycling: Convenient but Reduce the Enviro Impact
- How to Recycle, Reuse or Cash in Your Gift Cards
- Unwanted Gift: 5 Top Ways to Give Your Gift a New Home
- Greener Holiday Greeting Cards, Bows, Etc. Trimmings without the Trash.
- Fabric Gift Wraps by Fabricwrapper, Greener Choice to Wrapping Paper