Lost about what green gift to get for the Green Her in your life? (Yes, the GREEN Her.) Maybe it is your mom, wife, sister or friend. And you haven’t gotten a F’in green conscious clue. So with a little help from my fellow green sisters, I am going to help you out. Funny thing. I wanted many of the same things my green sisters listed. So, I bet your Green Her will too. Oh, Hubs, are you taking notes?
Love the Kitchen Gadgets
Did you think only men love gadgets? Think again. If it whirls, stirs, and spits out a meal, I am there.
- Karen of the Best of Mother Earth wants a Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven. Why? Because we aren’t fond of telfon. Here’s why. (Note, don’t get anything with telfon for us.)
- Karen of EcoKaren just got a BPA free Cuisinart Elite food processor. Micaela of Mindful Mama *hearts* one too. Operative word, BPA-free. Three letters (BPA) you don’t say around a greenie.
- Nancy of Surviving and Thriving on Pennies wants a glass and metal blender or food processor. No plastic at all. Another word greenies don’t like. P-L-A-S-T-I-C. (Read why here.)
- Erin of Ely Organics wants a VitaClay Rice (and Stew) Cooker. (Um, me too. Yeah, no “P word” for my rice cooker.)
- Leona of Healthy Green Family wants a flour mill. Wish List for me? The wood-based Tribest Wolfgang Grain Mill!
- New Baby Mama Abbie of the Farmer’s Daughter simply wants a great haircut, organic highlights and manicure. Oh, and if you throw in the make-up, she is one happy camper. I hear you, Abbie. Me? Love. Love Miessence Organic Skin Care products!
- Kimberly Pinkson of EcoMom Alliance *hearts* a sweater from fair trade, sustainable Indigenous Design. (Um, who wouldn’t?)
- Erin of Healthy Home Magazine simply wants wool slippers and a double walled glass traveling mug. Looks like Grosche Glassen Hand Made Double Walled Insulated fits the bill, Erin’s hubs.
- Jenn of Jenn and Joey Go Green wants a sewing machine so she can make homemade gifts and clothes. Add Micaela’s green craft book and it will seal the deal.
- Diane of Big Green Purse wants a green housekeeper to clean her house and organic gardener to whip her yard into shape. Add in a fountain in the garden and energy efficient music console, and she is one happy green mama.
By the way add in Diane’s book’s Big Green Purse: Use Your Spending Power to Create a Cleaner, Greener World. Power of the purse, baby. Every Green Her loves such power.
- Brenna of Almost the Truth wants a chicken coop locally made of salvaged materials. (Brenna’s hubs, here is how to build one for Brenna.)
- Elise of Here in the House and NBC’s Green is Universal wants a Blanco kitchen countertop composting system. Composting meet great design. Combining great design with sustainability.
Eco Me Home.
Okay, if you have been reading Green Talk for awhile you know I am the green building maven. So I was pleasantly surprised to see windows and paint on the list. You go, green sisters.
- Lynn of Celebrate Green wants to re-paint her rooms with eco-friendly, no VOC paints. A little paint goes a long way in the decor arena. No VOC Benjamin Moore Aura or Natura, Mythic, Yolo, and Sherwin-Williams’ Emerald comes to mind. (Hint. Buy Lynn’s book, Celebrate Green to green all your holidays.)
- Lisa Sharf of RetroWife Goes Green wants environmentally friendly furniture and an eco-friendly countertop. Do you blame her with all the nasty information about flame retardants and other toxin’s poisoning us? ( Hint: for furniture, take a look at my articles on Viesso, Cisco, and Furnature. Countertops: IceStone, Vetrazzo and Eco by Consentino .)
- Beth of My Plastic Free Life want to rip up her carpet and install sustainable wood or bamboo floors. Oh, and throw in some new windows. Can you say energy saving, triple pane windows? Or how about those solar pane windows? (Throw in Beth’s book to on how to live a plastic free life and the Green Her will love you. )
- Meg of the Green Diva Radio Show just wants something simple. A natural latex mattress to soothe her beautiful diva voice at night. Is that a lot to ask for a green diva? I think NOT.
- Tiffany of Nature Moms wants a stand alone freezer. (Energy star, no doubt.) Why? To store her half cow or a whole pig from a grassfed farm share. Tiffany is our Paleo green girl.
- Lisa of Condo Blues love handmade soaps and lotions. Who doesn’t?
My Wish List:
Champagne Wishes and Caviar Dreams
Some green sisters have very, very BIG holiday dreams. Leigh Ann of Green 4 u of wants a Tesla Crossover. (Don’t we all?) Stephanie of Good Girl Good Green, Jenn of The Green Parent, and Priscilla of A Gluten Free Vegan Mom Who Knows all want solar and wind power. Add in eco-friendly homes and gardens and Priscilla and Stephanie are happy campers.
So, you can’t say that we didn’t help you with your holiday shopping. Be sure to check out my Green Mama Holiday Store Page with lots of ideas for your Green Her (including my green sisters’ books.)
Join the Conversation:
So what are your favorite eco-holiday gifts for the Green Her in your life or for you?
Photo by Cedelros
Note: There are affiliate links in the post to help Green Talk keep rolling out great content throughout the year.