Before I went to Ford this winter, I was fighting the beginnings of a cold. The thought of flying with a head cold to Detroit in the middle of January wasn’t really appealing. I turned to my tried and true remedy which banishes colds as fast as they show up. And my cold was gone. My secret? 3% Hydrogen Peroxide.
I haven’t had a cold in years since using this remedy. The beauty of my routine is beyond simple. Having suffered with two cases of pneumonia, I never let a cold get out of hand.
Recipe to Banish the Cold:
At the first sign of a scratchy throat, I use my remedy, preferably before going to bed.
- Use over the counter hydrogen peroxide and a glass eye dropper.
- Lay down on your side. You might want to put a towel under your head.
- Put 6 drops in your ear. Warning: You will hear a fizzing and crackling noise. Also, your ear will feel clogged. That’s okay.
- Wait five minutes.
- You can either put a piece of cotton in your ear to catch the hydrogen period or let it drip on the towel. I never find that much drips out.
- Then turn over. And repeat.
- Get a good night sleep.
You will feel so much better in the morning. I tend to repeat this remedy for a few days just to keep the cold at bay. When I travel, I add a bottle of hydrogen peroxide with an eye dropper as pictured below to my make-up bag. It comes in handy.
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and therefore can not give any medical advice. You should consult one before using any home remedy. This remedy works for me.
Tomorrow I will let you on another one of my secrets of how to beat a nasty cold. And you probably already own this piece of equipment! Be prepared to be shocked.
Join the Conversation
- Do you use hydrogen peroxide to cure your colds?
- Do you use it for any other aliment?