Join the happy people on the Forum!
Two months ago I started the Green Talk Forum in a Ning version. (You can connect right through the site now by clicking on the Forum Page at the top of the Green Talk website.) What makes this forum different than your usual forum, is that a Ning Forum allows you to add your feed from your blog, promote your business on your page, post picture, start groups, and connect with other people in the forum. Think Facebook meets forum.
Right now Green Talk has 37 new men and women on the forum. Even Natural Home signed up to be on the forum. I thought that was pretty amazing. Now, don’t tell me that the Natural Home magazine staff has signed up on a bunch of green forums to burst my bubble. Just keep that little note to yourself so I can be like Sally Fields for a second. (“They like me. They really like me.”)
New on the Ning are the following discussions:
- Introduce Yourself–self promote! This is what the Forum is all about. Get some business. Tell people what you are passionate about. Whatever. Just get yourself out there. You never know who you will meet that can become a lifelong friend, networking ally, or a connection that can be mutually advantageous. As corny as it might sound, Green Talk was created to bring together likeminded folks that would help each other live a greener lifestyle. Make my dream come true!
- What green product have you found to be the most dissappointing? Inquiring minds would like to know. Dish and save us all alot of time and energy if you think one or more products are terrible.
- Tell us about any remodeling disaster you had. I would really like this discussion to get off the ground, since I learn so much through other people’s experiences.
- Who Do You Think has the Biggest Greenwashing Campaign? Okay, which companies do you think belong in the not so green dog house? Spill the beans and let us know why you feel this way.
- What has been the most rewarding green experience for you? Has there been an “ah” moment for you? It isn’t easy being green and others sometimes give you that weird look like you are from Mars. This discussion is for those of you who have either done something that is green that you are proud of or taught others something that they would not ordinarily be doing.
- Share your Favorite Green Building Product: If you have a favorite green building product that you have used, let us hear about it. This includes the little things such as caulk and paint including the bigger things like EPS, insulation, solar systems, etc. The sky is the limit.
- Where can I recycle this? Do you have a recycling dilemma? Don’t know how you can repurpose or re-use something? Ask away for our other member to help you get rid of the 3R blues.
We even have a discussion going on in the Mattress recycling group about why more universities do not have mattress recycling programs started by Chuck Brickman of Ohio Mattress Recovery and Recycling . By the way, he is a Green Talk hero. He invited over 500 people to the Green Talk Ning! So, we have alot of environmentalists on the Ning now. (Hint. Hint. Invite your friends so they can meet Charles’ friends and so on and so on. Isn’t that a commercial?)
Missing a discussion? By all means, create one. Green decor? How to get more Traffic on your green sites? More customers for your green businesses? Contests? Mom or Dad question? Teachers? Marketing experts shed some light on how to get business? Have a green question? Ask away. See how you can self promote yourself and help others?
Also, I would like to highlight a new member each week on the Ning and on Green Talk so if you join, be sure to include a picture and information about yourself. Plus, introducing yourself will be really helpful. On a side note, if you join the Ning, I would recommend that you also sign up for Green Talk’s updates. There are lots of choices now (pod, mobile, feed, and email.) I would rather not send out a separate newsletter for the Ning right now, but might in the future as it grows.
What are you waiting for network, socialize, and have fun. Go forth and green!