How many of you eat the recommended 4 to 9 servings of fruits and vegetables a day? Show of hands please. And, French fries don’t count, people. Unfortunately, if you answered, “um no, Anna” you join most Americans who fail to eat at least 50% of the dietary recommendation of vegetables and fruits. Luckily, I have a great solution for all of you. One daily scoop of NewGreens Organic in a 10-12 ounce glass of water or milk of your choice. One scoop contains 20+ vegetable and fruit servings without that horrible gagging greens taste.
And it is organic, gluten free, and tastes awesome. Honest. No April Fools joke here. Read on. (Check out the discount and giveaway below!)
Why is it Important to Eat your Daily Required Fruits and Veggies?
According to the Centers for Disease and Control Prevention, a diet rich in fruits and vegetables reduces the risk of cancer and other chronic diseases. Plus, we all know that eating fruits and vegetables keeps our waist trim.
But Ugh, Not Another Green Drink.
“Anna, you are dreaming. A good tasting green drink?
Yeah. I completely understand your sentiments. For years, hubby drank this concoction that looked like a green witch’s brew. I tasted it and now understand what the hair of toad tastes like. Blech. (Okay, double blech.)
Even with my morning smoothie, I still wasn’t getting the required amount of fruits and vegetables.
The Ingredients is a list of Who’s Who.
When I read the ingredients, I was totally impressed:
A regular who’s who in the antioxidant department. I love that the product contains chorella, spriluna, alfalfa, and a wonderful detox herb blend. Plus, the drink only contains 1 gram of sugar due to the inclusion of stevia. (Even hubby who I think is a health snob thought the list was pretty impressive.)
Yeah, Did I Tell You it is Gluten Free?
As I read the ingredient list, a flag went up when I saw barley and kamut grass in the ingredients. How could this be gluten free? NewGreens Organic was third party tested. A product can be deemed gluten free if it contains less than 20 parts per million of gluten. NewGreens Organic has less than 3 ppm. Again, if you have gluten issues, you know your body. Use accordingly.
The Finger Taste Test
I dipped my finger into the bag just to get a little taste. It contains spearmint which I am not particularly fond of. Not bad though compared to the blech green powders I have at home. (I normally use another greens drink for my smoothie. It isn’ t finger licking good; however, I mask its taste with my berries.)
Sadly, since spearmint and I aren’t fond of each other, Hubby volunteered to be the guinea pig.
As I mentioned above, the Company suggests a scoop of greens be mixed with a 10-12 ounce glass of water, coconut or almond milk. Hubby went all testosterone rogue on me and used plain water. (Me? I would have used the coconut milk so to buffer that taste.) He figured why add the extra calories and fat if the product tastes good with plain old water.
What Did He Think?
He LOVED it. Really. In fact, he wanted to use it as his afternoon pick me up when he is looking for something he shouldn’t eat in the afternoon. (Um, chocolate.) He thought the addition of spearmint made the drink tasty.
NewGreens Organic is slightly more expensive than my current green drink at $49.97; however, currently the Company isn’t charging shipping so it evens out. Each pouch contains 30 servings.
I knew NewGreens Organic hooked him when he said how much does the product cost. Yep, NewGreens Organic picked up a new customer.
By the way, all is not lost if you dislike the spearmint flavor. The Company also offers Berry and Original flavor. Neither are organic.
Wait There is a Discount Code!
Need more veggie and fruits in your diet? Today is your lucky day since The NewGreens Organic folks are giving all GT readers a 10% discount using the code NEWGREENS.
HOLY Batman, There is a Giveaway Too!
Yes, a giveaway of one of the three NewGreens products: Original, Berry, or Organics
Here are the rules of the contest:
- You must be over 18 and live in the US.
- Leave me a comment here telling me about how you want to improve your health.
- To double your chances consider joining my email list or subscribe to my RSS feed. Both subscriptions are listed on the upper right hand column. Be sure to come back and leave a separate additional comment to tell me which one you joined. If you are already a member, just say so.
- To triple your chances of winning, tweet about this contest and come back and leave a separate additional comment of the url (weblink) of your twitter comment.
- For an additional chance, like Green Talk’s Facebook Page. (Come back and tell me you did.)
- For an additional chance, like Pure Prescriptions’ Facebook Page. (NewGreens’ company page. Come back and tell me you did.)
- For an additional chance, follow Green Talk on Twitter. (Come back and tell me you did.)
- For an additional chance, follow Pure Prescriptions on Twitter. (Come back and tell me you did.)
- You must enter by Friday, August 17, 2012 EST time to win. Winners will be chosen at random on August 20, 2012 . Good Luck everyone!