Watch the above video from Healthy Child, Healthy World and heed the wake-up call to change the way we do “chemicals” in our world. Have you noticed the rise of asthma, learning disabilities, autism, cancer, and many other diseases?
Many of you know me for my green building articles but may not realize that I built my house using non or low toxic materials for my children. I am one of those parents who has children that have learning disabilities, ADD, JV diabetes, eczema, and asthma. I know parents who lost their children to cancer, and friends who are fighting cancer. Chemicals are in our air, the ground, in our food, and our water. We wear chemicals, eat chemicals, and sleep in chemicals. So, am I surprised at the rise in illness? No.
I know. Many of you feel overwhelmed with all the media scares and not knowing the truth. I feel the same way although I may seem more knowledgable than many. I am not a scientist, nor should I have to be. I feel your frustration because I feel it to. So what can we do together?
- Join Healthy Child, Healthy World campaign to change one household at a time. By joining this movement, this organization will help us to buy safer products and avoid those that contain chemicals that are harmful to our family. In essence, change will come based upon our buying power. If we only buy safe products, manufacturers and chemical companies will have to change their ways.
- Join HCHW on Facebook.
- Tell a friend about the campaign.
- Share the campaign on Twitter, and Facebook.
- Stumble and Digg this campaign
- Tell friends and relatives what you have learned as part of the Wake-up Campaign. It take a whole village, remember.
- Be responsive when HCHW alerts you to important pending legislation that could benefit your household.
It all starts with one household. Make a the change and wake-up to this important movement. Let’s make change happen. Together.